BIENVENUE SUR LE BLOG DE DINDON CANADIEN
Body by Turkey – Leg Day
Happy Wellness Wednesday Body by Turkey fans!
On today’s episode of Body by Turkey, it’s Leg Day! Leansquad’s Phil Mackenzie takes us through a leg-focused workout you can do at home; with lunges, jumps, and curls to get those legs carved.
After your workout, Phil fires up the grill with his lean-tastic Turkey Firecracker Lollipop recipe. With summer in full swing, this turkey recipe is the perfect weeknight meal to enjoy on the patio.
Get the full recipe here:
Turkey Firecracker Lollipops
- 4-5 Turkey Drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons Cayenne
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes (can add more for extra spice)
- 1/2 Cup Low Sugar BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Sriracha
- Cooking Spray
- Combine the cayenne pepper and paprika together and sprinkle over drumsticks. Next, sprinkle chili flakes.
- Rub in spices evenly over the drums.
- To grill the drumsticks to perfection, heat BBQ to 375 Fahrenheit roughly.
- Spray grill with cooking oil and then add drums.
- Make sure you rotate drumsticks every few minutes for 20-30 minutes (or until cooked through *aim for at least 165 degrees internal temperature on your thermometer).
- While the turkey is grilling, combine sriracha and low-sugar BBQ sauce in a bowl together and mix well.
- 5 minutes prior to drumsticks being ready, dip in sauce and place back on grill. By adding the sauce later, we avoid burning the drums and keep them extra saucy!
- Serve and use remaining sauce as dipping sauce.